It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can we find out the format for writing the configuration file to export test cases from excel to RQM?

Maria Amalan (784164) | asked Feb 24 '14, 12:02 a.m.
 I have added some additional categories in my test case template. I want to export these categories from excel to RQM. How do I find out the field names to update in the config file? Some samples for other sections are:
testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCaseDesign","RQM-KEY-TC-DESIGN-TITLE")=Pre(E)
Like this how do I find out the category names?

3 answers

permanent link
Maria Amalan (784164) | answered Feb 24 '14, 12:53 a.m.
Also, how can I set the owner of the test case? Both the below statements are not working.

testcase.jzalm:owner=C
testcase.alm:owner=C

permanent link
Sunil Kumar R (1.1k13044) | answered Feb 24 '14, 3:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Maria, regarding your questions..
In RQM Categories are defined with the category term=<category name>.value=<category value>
eg : testcase.category term="Function".value=H

This 
wiki provides more data on the above.

Meanwhile, what do you mean by "testcase.jzalm:owner=C" does not work? Does it not update the value?
If yes, please share a snapshot of the excel sheet showing the col 'C' and the config file.

Best Regards, Sunil

Comments
Maria Amalan commented Feb 24 '14, 7:37 a.m.
Thanks for your response Sunil.
Got the first part and it works.

Yes, I mean that when I use this bit of code in the config file, it does not update the owner in the test case.
I have tried these 3 lines of code but none of them work.
testcase.jzalm:owner=G
testcase.alm:owner=G
testcase.jzalm:owner=FindColumn(“Test Case Owner”)

Test Case Snapshot

Sunil Kumar R commented Feb 24 '14, 7:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you zip the sheet and config file and send it to sunil-email so that I can try it out?

permanent link
Sunil Kumar R (1.1k13044) | answered Mar 13 '14, 11:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Maria, I tried using the sheet and config you provided - it works as expected on CLM 4.x.
Anything I missed w.r.t the scenario reported? (I ignored the categories, but in anycase they do not seem relevant to the issue you see). Let me know.

Best Regards
Sunil

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.