It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

new process template was not reflected in the UI, on updating on existing project area

ast java (4512049) | asked Aug 25 '15, 2:28 a.m.
Hi All,
When we try to update the new process template on existing project area, on successful update, process template was not reflected in the UI(web).

To be clear:

We have a project area "A" with process template "A", now we have a process template "B" which is uploaded into the RTC and created with the project area "A", now project creation was successful with process template "B" on project area "A". But when we checked in UI(web) , its shows the old process template "A" not with "B".
When we try to delete the process template "B", it shows with error that "cant be deleted used with project area "A".

Please let me know, is this is a bug with UI or the existing functionality of the RTC.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Aug 26 '15, 3:22 a.m. | edited Aug 26 '15, 3:22 a.m.

Let me try to reword your procedure (which should be the correct steps if I understand correctly what you are trying to do).
You have a process template named "T-A", and you create a project area "P-A" based on "T-A". Then you customized project area "P-A", and export a process template out of it, named "T-B". Then you import "T-B" into RTC, and create a new project area "P-B" based on "T-B".
And now, the process configuration looks the same as "T-A", or "P-A"?

One answer

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44351) | answered Aug 25 '15, 12:49 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
When a project area is created, the process content of the template is *copied* into the project area. After that, changing the template will not change the project area.

I do not understand what you mean by this step:
now we have a process template "B" which is uploaded into the RTC and created with the project area "A"

What do you mean by "created with the project area A" ?

Thanks,
Ruby

Comments
sam detweiler commented Aug 25 '15, 2:40 p.m.

I agree with Martha. When a project is created, the process template used for the initial creation is recorded in the project info. it is never used, or changed again.

If you are not using Shared Project Areas, then you cannot 'recreate' or effectively modify the info used to create the project.
If you ARE using Shared Project Areas, then you change the PARENT process area, but the initial template used stillĀ  does not change. (in this case the initial template SHOULD have been the unconfigured template)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.