It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to fetch selected data from any other tab in the same work item in RTC

Sajjad Ali Khan (314152) | asked Aug 12 '15, 7:39 a.m.
 Hi All,

I have a customize work item of Change Request in RTC where i have two tabs, in Tab-1 i have attribute called "Centers" against which i have multiple centers listed like Egypt, Morrocco, Palestine 

and in the Tab-2 i need another attribute which shows the users selected Centers.

example: if user select Egypt and Palestine from Tab-1 as a centers of Change Request
Then in Tab-2 user must view Egypt and Palestine under the label of "Related Centers of Change Request"

Hope i have explain my problem correctly please help me 

Regards,
SAJJAD

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Aug 13 '15, 2:30 a.m.
I don't know why you need two attributes to contain the same information. You can add the _same_ attribute in two tabs and two presentations will always be "in sync" with the assigned value(s).
Sajjad Ali Khan selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sajjad Ali Khan commented Aug 13 '15, 2:45 a.m. | edited Aug 13 '15, 3:23 a.m.

Dear Donald Nong

Because i want to show selected value from Tab-1 into the Tab-2 anyhow i have tried what you have suggested me but i can only able to use one attribute at single time, same attribute after using in tab-1 is not available in add presentation list of tab-2 

Donald Nong commented Aug 13 '15, 3:37 a.m.

There is a filter "show already configured attributes" right next to the "Attribute" drop down when you add a presentation. When selected, you can see all attributes.

Sajjad Ali Khan commented Aug 13 '15, 5:17 a.m. | edited Aug 14 '15, 11:13 a.m.

Dear Donald Nong can you please respond me over above 

Donald Nong commented Aug 13 '15, 9:48 p.m.

Have you tried with the "show already configured attributes"filter that I mentioned?

Sajjad Ali Khan commented Aug 14 '15, 4:07 a.m. | edited Aug 14 '15, 11:13 a.m.

Donald Nong yes brother i have tried and it works Thanks for the help, sorry i forget to reply you 

Donald Nong commented Aug 16 '15, 11:38 p.m.

If it worked out for you, please accept the answer so that others will not attempt to answer this post again.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.