It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to resolve "the component has a server version mismatch between the installed code and the database" issue ?

Prasad Tadi (1535) | asked Aug 03 '15, 10:55 a.m.
Hi,

I have upgraded the CLM suite from CLM 5.0.2 to CLM 6.0 RC1.
Every thing seems to be fine.

After GA is released, I upgrade the same to GA + ifix001.

JTS/RM/CCM and other components are working fine.

RQM is having the following issue and unable to serve any projects.

Anyone faced this issue from upgrading from RC1 to GA version of CLM tools ?
Any way to upgrade the database from V6 to V7  ?

thank you
Prasad

2015-08-03 10:07:00,478 [              WebContainer : 1] ERROR ComponentVersionMismatch                            - CRJAZ1042I The component has a server version mismatch between the installed code and the database.

Package URI == com.ibm.rqm.history

Installed Version == 7

Database Version == 6

2015-08-03 10:07:00,491 [              WebContainer : 1] ERROR .repository.service.internal.RepositoryItemService  - CRJAZ1049I A runtime exception occurred during repository startup.

java.lang.RuntimeException: CRJAZ1050E The version of the installed server does not match the version of the repository database. For more information, open the help and search for "Migrating databases".

at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.RepositoryItemService.validateMatchingDatabase(RepositoryItemService.java:314)

at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.RepositoryItemService.doStartup(RepositoryItemService.java:270)

at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.RepositoryItemService.activate(RepositoryItemService.java:187)

at com.ibm.team.repository.service.AbstractService.bindRequiredServices(AbstractService.java:195)

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.bindRequiredServices(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:297)

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.performActivation(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:704)

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.doActivate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:766)

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.activate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:212)

at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.activate(BundleActivationManager.java:290)

at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.performActivation(BundleActivationManager.java:1589)

at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.access$2(BundleActivationManager.java:1574)

at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager$3.acquired(BundleActivationManager.java:573)

One answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Aug 04 '15, 8:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 One possible issue could be your server cache; are you running WAS?
If so, stop WAS, rename your profile's cache, and restart WAS. The cache is the "temp" directory in your profile. Here's an example:
Program Files/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/<profilename>/temp/
The location of your profiles will vary, and substitute your profile's name for <profilename>.

Comments
Prasad Tadi commented Aug 05 '15, 8:53 a.m.

Thanks for the response....
In this case, this is a reverse. The APP is version 7 and database is V6.

I also cleaned the cache and re-deployed the WAR file and trying out.

I think the upgrade step may have skipped marking and/or RC1 was at V6 and GA might have been V7.

There is no documented process to upgrade from RC1 to GA !

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.