It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to install Jazz Team Server & RQM 4.0.4 on solaris sparc server ?

RAPHAEL BOILLON (379) | asked Oct 07 '13, 9:05 a.m.
Hello,

I downloaded the version 4.0.4 of Jazz Team Server and Rational Quality Manager.
I downloaded the version 1.6.3 of IBM Installation Manager.

Through IBM Installation Manager I see the list of the packages to install. When I select "Jazz Team Server" the following error is displayed :
Package Jazz Team Server cannot be installed on the current platform (operating system: solaris, architecture: sparc).

I don't understand this error because the version I downloaded should work with all platforms.

Can someone help me on this problem ?

Regards,
Raphaël

2 answers

permanent link
Mark Guertin (5867) | answered Oct 07 '13, 9:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Based on the architecture the error displayed, you are not using a SPARC 64 bit machine. The Jazz Team Server is only supported on 64 bit architectures for Solaris. See the CLM System Requirements (https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMSystemRequirements403) document for the list of supported platforms.

Comments
RAPHAEL BOILLON commented Oct 07 '13, 9:26 a.m. | edited Oct 08 '13, 4:57 a.m.

Thank you Mark for your answer.
When you say "SPARC 64 bit machine" I guess you speak about java virtual machine ?

Regards,
Raphaël

Mark Guertin commented Oct 07 '13, 11:12 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

The Installation Manager uses the OSGI platform filter for checking the architecture of the machine it is running on. Based on that, I think it's actually the architecture of the machine itself since Installation Manager provides its own JRE.

permanent link
RAPHAEL BOILLON (379) | answered Oct 07 '13, 11:24 a.m.
Thank you for this explanation.

Regards,
Raphaël

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.