It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM 6.0 and RRDI already deployed is possible?

Luiz Almeida (23016091) | asked Jul 23 '15, 10:49 a.m.
Hi guys,

I use RRDI with CLM 5.0.1 and I am planning to upgrade to CLM 6.0.
I saw in this link that RRDI will be descontinued in the 6.0 version.

"If you still want to use Cognos® reports with CLM, you can install Cognos Business Intelligence and deploy the Cognos tools to WebSphere® Application Server. Then you can install ALM Cognos Connector to integrate Cognos Business Intelligence server with a CLM server and migrate your Cognos reports."

My doubt is:

1) Can I use ALM Cognos Connector to integrate CLM 6.0 with RRDI server that I already have deployed?

2) If no, must I install another Cognos BI server to integrate?

3) Mus I purchase Cognos BI licenses to use the reports that I already have created?

Thanks for answers.

3 answers

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Jul 23 '15, 11:11 a.m.
Hello Luiz,

to answer your questions:
1) No, you cannot integrate CLM 6.0 with an existing CLM server.

2) Yes, you need to install a new Cognos BI server and deploy it on WAS, then follow the procedure described here:

Migrating Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence reports to Cognos Business Intelligence using the ALM Cognos Connector

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.0/com.ibm.rational.rrdi.admin.doc/topics/t_migrate_cognos_ov.html

3) There is a procedure in place for customers with a valid CLM license to get a copy of Cognos BI to be used with the ALM Cognos Connector. The license is however restricted to be used only with CLM, in a similar way to RRDI.
You can submit a PMR to request it.

Best Regards,
Francesco Chiossi

Comments
Luiz Almeida commented Aug 02 '15, 8:15 p.m.

Francesco, thank you for your answer.
One more question...is there any documentation or note where I can find an official explanation from IBM about the procedure to acquire licenses of Cognos BI to use with CLM?

Thank you one more time.

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Aug 03 '15, 2:50 a.m.
Hello Luiz,

there is no description of the procedure currently available externally.
To request the download of Cognos BI to use with CLM you must open a PMR and it will go through an internal request process.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Aug 07 '15, 10:44 a.m.
 Update:

The procedure to obtain the Cognos BI download is now documented in the following technote:

How to download IBM Cognos Business Intelligence for use with IBM ALM Cognos Connector
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21964017

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.