It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where can I find an IBM official list of the version numbers of third party libraries included with releases of Jazz, RTC, etc.

Paul Inman (3546) | asked Jul 14 '15, 4:43 p.m.
I have generalized my question as it applies to not only my current need (Dojo for RTC 5.0.2), but for future needs, such as jDojo.

I develop Attribute Customizations using JavaScript for RTC 5.0.2.  I am trying to find out which version of Dojo ships with RTC 5.0.2.  I want to make sure I am developing code that neither uses a Dojo capability that is not yet supported with RTC 5.02 nor uses code that will be deprecated in a future RTC release for which alternative approaches exist.  Currently, I see lots of warnings regarding features that will be deprecated in Dojo 2.0.  Even example code generated by the Eclipse Client IDE for RTC creates code that generates warnings.  I *think* RTC 5.0.2 ships with Dojo 1.8.4, but I haven't been able to find an official source for that.

It would also be helpful to know officially what Dojo settings are in place behind the scenes, e.g., the  "async:true" parameter setting (there are some interesting debates on the forum regarding AMD, asynchronous operation, and backwards compatibility with existing code).

NOTE: I am NOT looking for information about future product releases, as I realize nothing is final until it is released. 

So, does anyone know whether (and where) IBM has an official list of version numbers for the various libraries included with releases for the Jazz-related product line? 

Thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Daniel Leroux (2254) | answered Sep 08 '15, 4:36 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Paul,

I don't think we publish a list on ibm.com or jazz.net, however in our notices file, e.g. <eclipse installdir>/jazz/client/license/notices.html, we list in a very scattered manner all open source packages and some of those listed include versions. These notices files are in our files in the downloads, e.g. the Eclipse client plain zip. The notices file includes other notice file content, e.g Eclipse, Java/JRE, etc. The file is very large so I am not sure how accurate it is.

The dojo version does not seem to be listed in the notices file. The dojo version we have can be seen in the JF server zip.

Dan

Paul Inman selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Paul Inman commented Sep 15 '15, 1:01 p.m.

Thanks, Daniel.  I had feared as much.  Since you posted your response, I have been downloading and searching through various versions of JF installations.  I haven't found anything to add to your comments, except that the dojo jar files themselves include the version numbers (yea!).  For 5.0.2, the included dojo jar files are for version 1.8.4. and 1.8.1 (org.dojotoolkit.dojo_1.8.4.v20130626_0447.jar, org.dojotoolkit.dijit_1.8.4.v20140929_2018.jar,  org.dojotoolkit.dojox_1.8.1000.v20131121_0106.jar).  That's probably more reliable than any notices anyway :-)  Documentation can easily get out of date.  I happen to be using dojox charting at the moment for a 5.0.2 project, so I can (presumably) rely on the corresponding dojox 1.8.1 (or closest) documentation.

Thanks again,
   -Paul

Paul Inman commented Sep 15 '15, 1:54 p.m.

Correction: the dojox is 1.8.10 (I think)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.