It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Restrict visibility of fields in work items based on role

Dinu Madau (52) | asked Jul 08 '15, 2:27 p.m.
 Is there a way to restrict visibility of work items fields base on roles.  For example, I want my customer to be able to open up and modify my defect work item (WI) but I don't want them to see several fields in the work item.  If I create I custom role for the customer (called "customer") is there any way to customize that role to only show certain fields in the work item?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.2k33646) | answered Jul 09 '15, 5:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
No. As far as I am aware there is no mechanism for that today. This comes up every now and then. Here is a similar enhancement request: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=138286

There are more, if you search for "hide role" or "visible role". This was discussed, the problem is that the data would have to be hidden in various places (queries, plans, reports etc.) and that would require repository support for it which would have a huge impact on performance. It is also in no way a trivial task and would require a huge effort to implement.

Feel free to support one of the existing items or create your own enhancement request.
Dinu Madau selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.