It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What happens if I change my rtc user's password while my jbe is running and don't update the encrypted password file right away?

Rick Chapman (7111312) | asked Feb 26 '13, 6:27 p.m.
I started my jbe and it successfully connected to the rtc server and has been running for many days.  Then I changed my user's password but did not update the encrypted password file right away.  Will the jbe keep running okay forever?  I know that if I restart the jbe, the encrypted password file contents must contain the correct password or else the connection will fail with an authentication error.  But as long as I don't restart my jbe, will it continue indefinitely or will there be a time when it will attempt to reauthenticate and fail because it still has the old password?

One answer

permanent link
David Olsen (3.1k4) | answered Feb 26 '13, 10:54 p.m.
I think the JBE will have authentication errors.  But I'm not sure.  It has been a while, but if I remember correctly, it was standard procedure to stop all JBEs before changing a password.

But I do know that if your builds use any of the build toolkit Ant tasks to report results, then you need to update your password file.  Those Ant tasks authenticate with the repository independently from the JBE, so all the password information needs to be correct.

Comments
Rick Chapman commented Feb 27 '13, 10:03 a.m.

David, thanks for your recollection.  Is there someone in Rational that can give me a definitive answer.  I need to know for sure about this.  Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.