It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgrading from RTC 1.x to RTC 2.0

Glenn Poston (7194) | asked Jul 13 '09, 1:49 p.m.
Hello I would like to evaluate 2.0 without loosing my ability to use 1.x. I understand that you can install 2.0 as a separate instance.

If you used IBM Installation Manager to install the previous release, you can either install 2.0 as a separate instance or update the previous instance to 2.0. If you want to install a separate instance of the server for the 2.0 release, select Create a new package group on the Install Packages page of the installation wizard.

We currently use DB2. If I install it as a separate instance will the data be migrated as part of the install. If so, will I still be able to use 1.x.

2 answers

permanent link
Glenn Poston (7194) | answered Jul 13 '09, 4:44 p.m.
A little more information....

We have 1.x setup on WAS 6.x I have created a new node and server on WAS 7 to host RTC 2.0. I have not upgraded yet as I am concerned about the upgrade effecting our ability to use RTC 1.x

Another option I am considering is to do a fresh install to a new path using the installation manager. That way I can be sure that the data for RTC 1.x is left intact. However, after evaluating (if all goes well) I would then like to migrate the data. Is there a process for this.

What is the best/safest approach that will accomplish what I am trying to do?

permanent link
Glenn Poston (7194) | answered Jul 14 '09, 9:12 a.m.
I think I found another solution. I plan to backup our production database to a testdb then I can point RTC 2.0 to the testdb to do the upgrade. This will ensure the production RTC db (v1.x) remains intact.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.