It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Need Validation while failing tcer in RQM

swapna das (3324571) | asked Jun 29 '15, 1:22 a.m.
Can we put validation in so that when the users fail a test execution record that they must provide some form of evidence.

2 answers

permanent link
Muralidhar Rajagopal (10114) | answered Jun 29 '15, 4:05 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 29 '15, 4:11 a.m.
One option you have is while save the Test case result you can set the pre-conditions as shown below
"Require an Actual for Script Steps"  Where actual results are required for
- Failed Steps
- Blocked Steps

Comments
Don Yang commented Jun 29 '15, 7:24 p.m.

I am not sure if the precondition is what Swapna is after as it only enforces to provide the actual result for the test steps. If actual result has the expected evidence, that would meet the needs. When the test case does not have script or the overall result is different from the failed steps, then it could be a problem. Since the image is missing, I am attaching it as below:

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Jun 29 '15, 3:37 a.m.
I don't think there is any built-in feature to enforce the user to provide some evidence when TCER is failed. The workaround I can think of is to create a custom attribute for test case result and set the attribute as "required". This will enforce the user to provide reasoning for all results including passed and failed and what ever is set(otherwise, the user cannot save). If the user sees the attribute named something like Provide evidence for the result(passed or failed): it could make sense to them. I hope this helps. Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.