It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Insight Installation problem with existing WAS6.1

Rijesh Puthiya Purayil (11141) | asked Jul 09 '09, 9:37 a.m.
Hi,

Insight v 1.0 instalation is failing with following messages.

WASX7246E: Cannot establish "SOAP" connection to host "afjazz02.watson.ibm.com" because of an authentication failure. Ensure that user and password are correct on the command line or in a properties file.
Exception message (if any): "ADMN0022E: Access is denied for the getProcessType operation on Server MBean because of insufficient or empty credentials."
WASX7213I: This scripting client is not connected to a server process; please refer to the log file /apps/WebSphere/WAS6.1/profiles/JazzSrv01/logs/wsadmin.traceout for additional information.
WASX8011W: AdminTask object is not available.
Setting up environment variables
WASX7017E: Exception received while running file "/apps/IBM/RationalInsight/reportal/contentstore/db2/C8SE_config_db2_linux_only.jacl"; exception information: com.ibm.ws.scripting.ScriptingException: WASX7070E: The configuration service is not availa

While analyzing the log, this failure is because my WAS installation has another profile which is default profile that is part of Deployment Manager. I could see a new profile RationalInsight created, but the reason to failure is that Insight installer is calling wsadmin.sh from $WAS_ROOT/bin without -profile option and getting connected to default profile. The problem with insight installer is that if it fails, then it needs to be restarted after cleaning up everything which is a time consuming process. Is there any way to change the behavior of calling wsadmin? Can anyone tell the place where I could go and make necessary modifications to the wsadmin scripts (JACL or Jython)?

Thanks in advance,
Rijesh.

2 answers

permanent link
Avinash Mishra (6) | answered Jul 23 '09, 5:33 a.m.
6.1.0-WS-WAS-AixPPC32-FP0000011 - WebSphere Application Server 6.1.0.11 Installation Completed Successfully.

While starting the server after fixpack installation Im getting following err

./startServer.sh AppSrv01 -username wasadmin -password wasadmin!

ADMU0116I: Tool information is being logged in file

/usr/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/WASSV/profiles/AppSrv01/logs/AppSrv01/startServer.log

ADMU0128I: Starting tool with the AppSrv01 profile

ADMU3100I: Reading configuration for server: AppSrv01

ADMU0111E: Program exiting with error: java.io.FileNotFoundException:

/usr/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/WASSV/profiles/AppSrv01/config/cells/loopbackNode01Cell/nodes/loopbackNode01/servers/AppSrv01/server.xml

(No such file or directory)

ADMU1211I: To obtain a full trace of the failure, use the -trace option.

ADMU0211I: Error details may be seen in the file:

/usr/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/WASSV/profiles/AppSrv01/logs/AppSrv01/startServer.log

The mentioned file exist on following location

/usr/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/WASSV/profiles/AppSrv01/config/cells/loopbackNode01Cell/nodes/loopbackNode01/servers/server1/server.xml

Let me know in which configuration file we can modify this entry?

permanent link
Jeffrey Liu (111131) | answered Aug 13 '09, 12:15 p.m.
Hi Rijesh,

This is an known issue in Insight v1.0 when installing to an existing WAS with an existing profile. This is fixed and the fix will be available in the next release.

Jeff

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.