It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Insight Configuration Manager (1.0.1) problems

Jackie Albert (1.6k14947) | asked Nov 09 '10, 10:22 a.m.
The documentation for Insight Configuration Manager says you need a local database client to connect to remote databases, for setup/configuration. I'm using Configuration Manager on Windows, and have my databases set up on a remote Linux box. I have the DB2 9.5 client (db2 connect personal edition), and I have the databases cataloged locally and can successfully test the connection, so my DB2 setup is properly connected. I was able to set up the Data Warehouse and Data Source connections in Configuration Manager successfully also.

When I try to set up the ETL Catalog Connection is where I run into problems. It asks for a database and port, but no host, so it uses 'localhost' as the default host. I get this error when trying to connect:

CRREM0420E: SQL Error ' Exception java.net.ConnectException: Error opening socket to server localhost/127.0.0.1 on port 50,000 with message: Connection refused: connect. ERRORCODE=-4499, SQLSTATE=08001' occurred.
Exception java.net.ConnectException: Error opening socket to server localhost/127.0.0.1 on port 50,000 with message: Connection refused: connect. ERRORCODE=-4499, SQLSTATE=08001

From what I can tell the DB2 client (personal edition) does not provide TCP/IP communications, so there's no possible way this can work. So, is the documentation wrong and I need to have a different DB2 setup, or does it need to provide a place for a database server (similar to the Data Warehouse connection setup)?

One answer

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14947) | answered Nov 09 '10, 5:38 p.m.
FYI to anyone with the same issue, I was able to get this working once I uninstalled my DB2 client and installed a local DB2 server with its own instance that was set up for TCP/IP communication. So although the documentation says it only needs a client, I found this was not true.

However, once I got configuration manager running, it's pretty great! We have a very complex CQ schema, and this easily mapped the XDC file and created a very basic ETL with a few sample fields mapped.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.