It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Change packages inside Rational Insight

Mario Ferreira (111110) | asked Jan 06 '11, 12:34 p.m.
When I compare fields in Relational Packages (live connection) and Relational and Multidimensional Packages (DW connection) I have different fields maped.
For example, inside Execution Work Item Area we have Execution Work Item Related Test Plans query subject in the "live packages", but these same fields (query subject) are not avaiblable in "DW Packages".
Is there any way to include these fields in the out of box packages? I believe that we need to change the out of box packages, including ETL scripts. Does anyone know can I handle with that?

4 answers

permanent link
Brown Smith (6) | answered Jan 07 '11, 3:51 a.m.
Nice suggestion.

permanent link
Tong Zheng (21) | answered Jan 11 '11, 11:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Nice suggestion.

It really depends on how would you using these new data source.
A) You can create a report base on Rational Data warehouse.
B) You can create a live report base on REST server. Performance is your main concern.
Answer A:
1) Verify your new tables or new columns are already available on REST server. Most of Rational Insight supports data source are populating data on REST server. Mostly Rational Insight extract data from REST server not direct from data source. For example (CQ, CC, RQM..)
2) You need to customize the XDC file to map in the new tables or new columns
3) Modify data warehouse , to add in new tables or columns
4) Modify the ETL catalog to let it extract the data from REST server to data warehouse
5) Add in new tables and columns into DW Framework Manager model build relationship for the new tables, and publish the package again
Answer B:
1) Verify your new tables or new columns are already available on REST server. Most of Rational Insight supports data source are populating data on REST server. Mostly Rational Insight extract data from REST server not direct from data source. For example (CQ, CC, RQM..)
3) Add in new tables and columns into Live Framework Manager model build relationship for the new tables, and publish the package again

permanent link
derry davis (23222016) | answered Jan 11 '11, 12:17 p.m.
Nice suggestion.

It really depends on how would you using these new data source.
A) You can create a report base on Rational Data warehouse.
B) You can create a live report base on REST server. Performance is your main concern.
Answer A:
3) Modify data warehouse , to add in new tables or columns
4) Modify the ETL catalog to let it extract the data from REST server to data warehouse
5) Add in new tables and columns into DW Framework Manager model build relationship for the new tables, and publish the package again
Answer B:
3) Add in new tables and columns into Live Framework Manager model build relationship for the new tables, and publish the package again

Regarding B and performance, is there any additional information available around what can be expected for performance?

permanent link
Paulo Lacerda (3174) | answered Jan 11 '11, 8:27 p.m.
When I compare fields in Relational Packages (live connection) and Relational and Multidimensional Packages (DW connection) I have different fields maped.
For example, inside Execution Work Item Area we have Execution Work Item Related Test Plans query subject in the "live packages", but these same fields (query subject) are not avaiblable in "DW Packages".
Is there any way to include these fields in the out of box packages? I believe that we need to change the out of box packages, including ETL scripts. Does anyone know can I handle with that?

Hi Mario,

This is a tutorial that shows what should be done to customize Insight's ETL: Customizing the extract, transform, and load (ETL) process

Best Regards,
Paulo

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.