It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Recover dashboards?

Mark Ingebretson (58515236) | asked Jun 25 '09, 9:21 a.m.
If a user accidentally selects restore to default on a dashboard, and
loses a lot of customized viewlets, is there any way to get back to the
previous dashboard?

Is there a way to "save off" dashboard configurations to mitigate this
problem?

Mark Ingebretson

3 answers

permanent link
Brian Fleming (1.6k11928) | answered Feb 24 '15, 11:59 a.m.
See instructions here: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DashboardRevisionHistory

permanent link
Adam Archer (83639) | answered Jun 25 '09, 4:57 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is currently no way to restore previous dashboard states. Our dashboards are not auditable and we do not track any old states. The only way I can think of to back up your configurations with our current functionality would be to copy your dashboard tabs into another dashboard. This can be done through the copy command in the tab menu and and the paste button in the dashboard toolbar. This feature is only supported on newer browsers that support HTML5 dom storage. It will work on firefox 3.

If you feel this functionality is not sufficient, I suggest you open a work item (or work items) against the dashboard component detailing the functionality you would like to see.

Adam Archer
Jazz Web UI Developer

permanent link
rukesh rudraram (1) | answered Feb 24 '15, 11:08 a.m.
 Hi Adam,

We are using RTC 4.0.6 currently. Accidentally I lost my custom dashboard. Is there any way I can restore previous dashboard ? 

Thanks,
Rukesh

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.