It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How does a user add an enumeration to the database?

Bob Ferguson (891038) | asked Sep 20 '17, 8:07 p.m.

I am using RTC 6.0.3.  I have created an enumeration where I selected the database to be used for its storage.

I also granted a role the Create New Enumeration Value permission. When a user, who is in this role, tries to add a new enumeration value they get the following error:

The 'Project areas' operation cannot be completed. "Modify collections of process attachments" permission is required to complete the operation.ID CRJAZ6053E

I asked to user to try to add an enumeration value via the web client and via the RTC client and they get the same error.

The process, on the web client, I told the user to do was to Manage the project, select work items, select enumerations, select enumeration that had the database storage and Add the enumeration value.  They followed this type of process using the RTC client also.  Each time when they tried to save the project the would get the above mentioned error.

Is there other permissions I need to add to the role?

Are the instructions I gave the user to add an enumeration value correct?

Comments
Don Yang commented Sep 21 '17, 12:05 a.m.

I did similar test before and asked here:
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/83961/rtc40-store-enumeration-in-database-how-does-that-work

in which I also had some permissions setting although they are in v4.x. See if that helps.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.