It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to restrict view permissions in RQM?

Florian Georg (19031918) | asked Jun 24 '09, 4:45 a.m.
We're trying to figure out how to open RQM to external stakeholders,
but with restricted read access.
Particularly, it should be possible that customers can only see "their" defects, but not test plans, results. Can this be done? can I -at least- restrict contributor access to projects that they are members of?

Is this possible in RQM 1.x and 2.x ?

thanks,
Florian

3 answers

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k2139148) | answered Jun 24 '09, 1:31 p.m.
Particularly, it should be possible that customers can only see "their" defects, but not test plans, results. Can this be done? can I -at least- restrict contributor access to projects that they are members of?

thanks,
Florian

I believe you would somehow have to configure this at the process level itself thru the RTC client to provide this type of restricted access

permanent link
Florian Georg (19031918) | answered Jun 24 '09, 4:40 p.m.

thanks,
Florian

I believe you would somehow have to configure this at the process level itself thru the RTC client to provide this type of restricted access

Thanks for your answer..but...not sure I understand.

Do you want to say that I can use a RTC client to modify process permissions for a *RQM* project area?
Are these areas compatible? - these are on different servers/repositories and thus probably different Jazz versions...

permanent link
Michael Franzen (16642) | answered Jun 25 '09, 3:57 a.m.

thanks,
Florian

Thanks for your answer..but...not sure I understand.

Do you want to say that I can use a RTC client to modify process permissions for a *RQM* project area?
Are these areas compatible? - these are on different servers/repositories and thus probably different Jazz versions...

Hi

The RTC client can be used as an admin client for RQM and is really not to be mixed with usual usage of RTC.
You need the RTC client for certain administration tasks like, restricting the user permissions.

You find more information on this topic in the RQM help: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rqmhelp/v1r0m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_admin_rtc.html

However you set operational permissions meaning what a user can och can't do in the system. I belive it's harder to actually restrict a user from seeing a Testplan for example.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.