It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM 2.0.0.1 - After update user acces to projects blocked

a seyler (6652) | asked Oct 30 '09, 9:07 a.m.
Hi,

after the succesfully update of RQM 2.0 ifix1 to 2.0.0.1. I am not able to acces the proyects created before update. In spanish the error message is the following:

"No se ha encontrado este usuario en el servicio de directorios. Este usuario no podr iniciar sesin a menos que tenga una cuenta en el servicio de directorios."

Seems like all users are deleted from de diectory.

Does someone know what the problem could be? The update was done through the installation manager.

Thanks in advance.

AS

6 answers

permanent link
Anders Malmberg (1121214) | answered Oct 30 '09, 10:46 a.m.
Below are instruction for the upgrade from v 2.0 to v 2.0.0.1, take a closer look at bullet 7.

To upgrade from 2.0 to 2.0.0.1:

1. Back up your Rational Quality Manager database repository. Refer to your database vendor's instructions for backup procedures.
2. While the Rational Quality Manager Jazz server is running, configure the server to reset the cache the next time it starts by typing the following URL:

https://server_name:port number/jazz/admin/cmd/requestReset

3. Stop the Rational Quality Manager Jazz server by clicking Start > All Programs > IBM Rational Quality Manager > Stop IBM Rational Quality Manager server.
4. Back up the InstallDir\server\conf directory.
5. Back up the InstallDir\server\tomcat\conf directory.
6. Start IBM Installation Manager and perform an Update installation. The update creates a backup in the InstallDir\server\backup-config-timestamp directory.
7. When the installation completes, review the files in the InstallDir\server\backup-config-timestamp directory and determine if any files should be merged with the files in the InstallDir\server\conf directory.
8. Review the backup of the tomcat-users.xml file and determine if it should be merged with the updated file.
9. Go to the InstallDir\server directory and run the following command, which adds a new database table that is required for 2001:

repotools -clean -addTables

10. Restart the Rational Quality Manager Jazz server.
11. Clear your browser cache.
12. Log in to Rational Quality Manager.

Here is a link to the information:
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-quality-manager/releases/2.0.0.1?p=upgrading

Best Regards

permanent link
Brian Lahaie (1081514) | answered Oct 30 '09, 3:46 p.m.
7. When the installation completes, review the files in the InstallDir\server\backup-config-timestamp directory and determine if any files should be merged with the files in the InstallDir\server\conf directory.

Regarding step #7, does this mean to open every file in the backup-config-timestamp directory and determine if these files have information in them that needs to be in the files in the InstallDir\server\conf directory?

8. Review the backup of the tomcat-users.xml file and determine if it should be merged with the updated file.

Regarding step #8, does this mean to compare the tomcat-users.xml file(s) to make sure they are identical?

permanent link
Michael Fiedler (9113) | answered Oct 30 '09, 9:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you are using a Tomcat user registry, you should copy tomcat-users.xml from the <install_dir>/server/backup-config-(timestamp)/tomcat/conf directory to <install_dir>/server/tomcat/conf/tomcat-users.xml and restart the RQM server. This should restore your previous users.

Other customized files from the backup directory (teamserver.properties, etc) may need to be restored as well.

permanent link
Barry Graham (106173) | answered Nov 25 '09, 3:41 p.m.

9. Go to the InstallDir\server directory and run the following command, which adds a new database table that is required for 2001:

Where did step 9 come from, that's not in the Information Center! Also the -clean flag is not documented - what does it do, before I run it on my precious data?

Seriously though, this step was not in the original instructions for the migration, and I did the migration last week, and the server has been used since then. Since I probably still need to add the tables, now that it's been a while since the migration, should I do

or

repotools -addTables

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Nov 25 '09, 4:23 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have been referring clients to the upgrade instructions here: https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-quality-manager/releases/2.0.0.1?p=upgrading and I know that this set (13 steps for Tomcat; 15 for WAS) works.

On to the more important question -- if the server has already been used at 2.0.0.1 for a week, should we run
or
repotools -addTables
or
neither?

Barry, I think that the existing guidance regarding the DB2 create tablespace command would apply here as well (i.e. if you forget it you can do it later).
If you fail to perform this operation, errors may occur when invoking planning operations. If you are unable to perform this operation before running the server, you can still perform the operation later without compromising the integrity of the repository.

ATTN: RQM development, please confirm your recommendation.

Thanks!

permanent link
Barry Graham (106173) | answered Nov 25 '09, 6:04 p.m.
I've gone ahead and performed the command and all seems well but I would like to know what changes I should be telling others to make in test plans and cases that they have already created since I migrated to 2.0.0.1 and run this command.

I have been referring clients to the upgrade instructions here: https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-quality-manager/releases/2.0.0.1?p=upgrading and I know that this set (13 steps for Tomcat; 15 for WAS) works.

On to the more important question -- if the server has already been used at 2.0.0.1 for a week, should we run
or
repotools -addTables
or
neither?

Barry, I think that the existing guidance regarding the DB2 create tablespace command would apply here as well (i.e. if you forget it you can do it later).
If you fail to perform this operation, errors may occur when invoking planning operations. If you are unable to perform this operation before running the server, you can still perform the operation later without compromising the integrity of the repository.

ATTN: RQM development, please confirm your recommendation.

Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.