It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

migrating process configuration (.XML) from RTC 1.0 to 2.0

Amirsam Khataei (256175) | asked Jun 17 '09, 4:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

I have copied the process configuration code from RTC 1.0 to RTC 2.0. I notice that my customized defect layout is not the same, as the 'Summary' field was not displayed.

In RTC 1.0 it is considered as system field, and now in RTC 2.0 it is listed as customized field under a new tab called 'Editor Header' in Editor Presentation.

Questions:
1- Is there a migration utility to export the process configuration code (*.xml) from RTC 1.0 to RTC 2.0 version ? (which can do all the necessary changes based on the versions, it is being moved from?

~ As per my team members thoughts; if I can compare the missing code, or identify the 'Editor Header' section code, and attach it to my initial code, this may or may not solve the issue - This has to be tried out.

But for now, I am interested in knowing about the migration utility, and any easy steps, to modify my initial code.

Thanks.

(transferred from RQM forum)
https://jazz.net/forums/posting.php?mode=reply&t=5262

One answer

permanent link
Ryan Manwiller (1.3k1) | answered Jun 17 '09, 7:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you are just trying to copy/paste between a process config xml from 1.0 to 2.0, you are likely going to have many problems. I don't think that will work.

The supported way is to migrate your 1.0 data to 2.0 using the repotools command. Your process configuration will be migrated to be compatible with 2.0.

---
Ryan Manwiller
Jazz Team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.