It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work item relationships between CCM servers

Mark Castro (741219) | asked Feb 04 '14, 3:10 p.m.
edited Feb 06 '14, 2:59 p.m.
Hi all

We've noticed we cannot have relationships between work items on different CCMs (for example, Work Item 1 on CCM1 related to Work Item 2 on CCM2). Is this unsupported in RTC 4.0.3?

Thanks for any help!

Comments
sam detweiler commented Feb 04 '14, 3:36 p.m. | edited Feb 07 '14, 9:30 p.m.

correct. the only relationships are provides and and consumes as configured in the Links, Associations section of both projects. 

all the normal workitem links (parent, child, depends, blocks, ...) cannot be between workitems on different ccm (repository) servers. 

One answer

permanent link
Mark Castro (741219) | answered Feb 06 '14, 3:01 p.m.
Thanks Sam. We've actually been able to get this to work at an individual project-level by doing the following:

From the Project Area in RTC:

Select Administration then select Manage This Project Area

From the Overview, scroll to the bottom and select Add from the Associations section

Select other CCM, then Project Area

Save

Comments
sam detweiler commented Feb 07 '14, 5:55 p.m. | edited Feb 07 '14, 9:31 p.m.

I gotta go look at this. I 'think' the config is just a web UI for making the associations  mentioned above

| yes, this is just a web UI to creating the associations.. still don't get parent/child, blocks, related, ...

Geoffrey Clemm commented Feb 07 '14, 9:44 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think there was a misunderstanding on what kind of relation Mark was trying to create.  It sounds like Mark was just trying to create any kind of relationship, and this does require the actions described in this answer.   But Sam is correct about the types of relationships you can and cannot create between work items in different repositories.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.