It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Updating existing Dashboard with templates

Zachary K (19354339) | asked Jun 26 '12, 1:24 p.m.
edited Jun 26 '12, 1:26 p.m.
Hello,
I've created a new dashboard template in the process config for an existing project. Then, I'd like to update the existing project dashboard with this dashboard template I created. How can I do that? Do I need to create a new project dashboard, if so how? I can only create new personal dashboard (i'm using RTC 3.0.1). It seems that dashboard template are only used when a new project is created. Is this correct?
Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Curtis d'Entremont (1.3k3) | answered Jun 28 '12, 11:59 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 28 '12, 12:02 p.m.
Unfortunately there is no simple way to do this in version 3, however in version 4 you'll find a new advanced property in the JTS admin page "Allow Restore Default". If you set it to true, then project and team dashboards will have a new toolbar button to revert back to the template, as if you were creating it for the first time. Note that it will permanently delete your current dashboard content. The advanced property is there to prevent curious users from accidentally deleting the dashboards.

I'm guessing you're asking this because you have a number of projects and you'd like to keep all the dashboards in sync. This feature is tracked in https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/200631.

Comments
Morten Madsen commented Dec 28 '12, 7:41 a.m.

Hmm, that's weird. I could swear that I've done precisely that action before. We deployed a new process xml in all projects, and then pressed some "reset dashboard to default" button.

Has this been possible before?

permanent link
Zachary K (19354339) | answered Jun 29 '12, 8:33 a.m.
Thanks Curtis I'll look into version 4 then.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.