It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What could cause ID CRRRW7752W when deleting an empty folder?

Anthony Ankrapp (2115) | asked May 07 '15, 3:25 p.m.
 I'm trying to delete 2 empty folders in Requirements Management 4.0.7.

Both folders give the following error message:
ID CRRRW7752W Not all of the folder contents could be deleted. Some of the contents might be locked, some of them might be used in modules, or you might not have permission to delete them.

There are no contents in the folders, and I do have permissions to delete them.

What can I do to delete them?

Comments
Mike Jaworski commented May 07 '15, 4:18 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Anthony,

Could you check the application log file (rm.log) to see if there are any related entries printed that might reveal the underlying cause of this error? We've seen similar issues in the past that can be corrected through the use of diagnostic repair tools (available through Rational Support), but there are usually indicative errors printed to the log files which can give us a little more direction about determining root cause. If you are able to provide any log entries related to this error, I should be able to give you further direction.

Thanks,
Mike

One answer

permanent link
Anthony Ankrapp (2115) | answered May 08 '15, 9:39 a.m.
edited May 08 '15, 9:41 a.m.
 The application logs indicated "This folder cannot be deleted, it is used as an asset folder for Module(s)". I found a pair of modules using these folders as content folders. So, while there weren't any modules inside the folder, modules were still involved in the error. After changing the content folders for the modules, I was able to delete the folders.

Comments
Mike Jaworski commented May 08 '15, 9:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Great news! I'm glad you were able to figure this out!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.