It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Intermittent problems logging in to RQM

Chris Cawthorne (962819) | asked Jun 08 '09, 8:39 a.m.
We have a group of users who are intermittently having problems logging in to RQM using a web browser. They enter their details at the login screen and hit enter, but they just keep getting returned to the login screen, with no error message. I can't find anything logged in the error logs.
This happens more often when they login from home.

I've asked them to try pinging the server when the see the problem, and they get ping times of around 250ms. Is this likely to cause a problem like this? Are there any recommended figures for network latency?

One answer

permanent link
Nelson Jordan (56132) | answered Jun 09 '09, 2:36 p.m.
We have a group of users who are intermittently having problems logging in to RQM using a web browser. They enter their details at the login screen and hit enter, but they just keep getting returned to the login screen, with no error message. I can't find anything logged in the error logs.
This happens more often when they login from home.

I've asked them to try pinging the server when the see the problem, and they get ping times of around 250ms. Is this likely to cause a problem like this? Are there any recommended figures for network latency?

I noticed this with IE 7 and self sign certificate issues. Try using Firefox.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.