It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I increase the likelihood that an enhancement request is implemented?

Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | asked Sep 11 '12, 12:53 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If I have an enhancement request that I particularly need, how do I get it added to the appropriate product release plan?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Sep 11 '12, 12:58 p.m.
  • Find or create an enhancement request on jazz.net
  • If there is an existing enhancement request, add a comment of support in the work item (if nobody bothers to do that, it is assumed to be of no interest). The more different customers adding their support to a particular work item (with example use case), the better.
  • Participate in the "plan jam" and specify the enhancement request there.
  • Maintain a "top 10 request" list at your company, and have your sales person relay that back to development.
  • Attend the "Rational Innovate" conferences, and speak directly to the appropriate product managers and development leads
Jared Burns selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Sep 24 '12, 2:55 p.m.

Some additional advice: If you have posted the enhancement request, and it hasn't been commented on by the development team, then it is not unreasonable to add a comment yourself to the work item, asking for a response. The dev team needs to focus on development, so if they are in the middle of a development iteration, it may be a couple of weeks before they can do a triage pass over new work item requests. But if it has been posted with no dev comment for over a month, it would be reasonable to send email to the dev team, asking them to respond to the new request. To find the appropriate people in the dev team to email, look up who are the members of the Team Area to which the work item has been assigned. But note that the only response you may get is for the work item to be assigned to Backlog. At that point, further direct communication with the dev team is not productive ... you'll want to use the techniques described above.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.