It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Sorting and Grouping of Tasks under workitem

Vikash Singh (422665) | asked May 06 '15, 12:21 a.m.
edited May 06 '15, 1:41 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
Hello,
I have created the work item of type risk and added multiple related children tasks  into the risk work item, and save the task then the tasks which I added that was merge not showing in the sequence of id it is created.
How I sort and group the task in particular work item?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented May 06 '15, 1:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't understand the question at all. Please try to rephrase it and provide information on what you want to achieve and why.

Vikash Singh commented May 06 '15, 1:49 a.m.

Hello Ralph,

I created on work item of type Risk. I also created 20 tasks and added those task in link of children into that work items. I created the tasks in some sequence so that the id of the tasks is also in sequence like 2075,2076,2077,2078 and so on. When I added this tasks in work items link as a children tasks then after save the work item it is not added in sequence, and the sequence is change and merge like in the link it shows as 2077,2075,2076,2078 like. I want to show this tasks in the sequence asĀ 2075,2076,2077,2078. How this will possible. Also If I have to make a group of tasks and show into the link then how this will possible.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 06 '15, 2:02 a.m.
The order item links have been added does not necessarily resemble the order the links. I don't know how links are ordered in the display, but you can't assume it is the order added. Also your scenario will quickly break down as you can not create consecutive numbers reliably if many users create work items.

I am not aware you can group tasks in the links section of a work item.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented May 06 '15, 2:36 a.m.

The items are grouped by link type.

Vikash Singh commented May 07 '15, 1:07 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Is it possible by customization?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.