It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Custom Work Item Attribute - How to use on multiple Work Item types?

Cameron McKay (571021) | asked Sep 30 '13, 9:29 a.m.
 Hello,

I have created a custom work item attribute called "Business Area".  This work item attribute is an enumeration.

What I want to do is display this work item attribute under two types of work items (Work Item 1 and Work Item 2).  When I add the work item attribute to one work item I must specify an ID.  When I add the work item attribute to the other work item I am unable to specify the same ID.  When I add the custom work item attribute to the presentation view I must specify a single ID.  I want the two work item templates to display the same view.  From what I can tell, I must specify two different IDs when I add the custom work item attribute to the view.

Is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers, Cam.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Sep 30 '13, 9:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 30 '13, 9:53 a.m.
Here is a way:

Types and Attributes > Select the Type > Attributes Section > Use Add > Will get you Add Custom Attribute Popup > here Select Reuse Existing Attribute and select the Custom Attribute created in the other work item type

here is a snapshot for reference :

Cameron McKay selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.