It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

problem with My Work load calculation

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked Sep 25 '13, 3:14 p.m.
I seem to have a problem getting the RTC My Work view to calculate load accurately.  It seems to calculate the # of hours on the estimates of my work items, but it seems to indicate that my Available Hours = 0 for the iteration, which is incorrect.

In my User Profile, I have made sure my working hours are set (I even did modifications to work 46 hours per week).  I also have 100% of my time allocated to my "Common Timeline".  I have everything else set to (None).

With this, in my "My Work" view, today is Thursday so I should show 10 hours available (I have 10 hours that I work on Fridays.  However, my Load shows    Load: 3 / 0 | -3 h 
So I have 3 hours estimated on work for this iteration but it shows I have 0 hours available, so overbooked by 3 hours.  However, this to me seems wrong, since I should have 10 hours available for the 10 hours on Friday that I list that I work.

What am I doing wrong?  Or is there a bug?
Susan

Comments
Millard Ellingsworth commented Sep 27 '13, 2:34 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'm not going to claim there isn't a bug, though I have often found that RTC was indeed calculating correctly once I took everything into consideration. RTC does this calculation very much in real time -- so if you check your available hours when you arrive in the morning and again after lunch, you'll have 3-4 hours less available. It's also (I'm pretty sure) going to account for time zones -- so is your timezone and the server time zone set correctly (especially if the server is significantly remote from you)?

Can you describe your setup some more? "Common Timeline" sounds like a customization you have done. Is the team you are working on (the one the work is filed against) on that timeline? Is the current iteration still active (how does it's end date compare to the day you looked at this)? Is the current iteration the one the work is assigned to? Sorry for all the questions, but it's not as simple a calculation as you might expect. 

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.