It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does anyone have a problem with RDi LPEX cl Parser being very slow to open local files?

patrick kelly (0125) | asked Apr 28 '15, 5:10 p.m.
edited Apr 28 '15, 5:12 p.m.
My ILErpg parser is lightning fast.  I'm at  My old 8.0.3 (I think that's around where I was) was lightning fast for cl/clle also.  Now, it's slow enough to go grey on a very small member.  I have the same results using any editor profile under the LPEX Editor preference tree.  If I disable parsing, it is again, lightning fast. I'm using Linux RHEL 6.6.

patrick kelly commented Apr 28 '15, 5:11 p.m.

Note: I'm using Linux RHEL 6.6

4 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 29 '15, 4:38 a.m.
I can't see that this is related to RTC.

patrick kelly commented Apr 30 '15, 10:12 a.m.

I cannot argue with you.  We are using "RDp IBM i & RTC Integration Feature    3.0.1000.v20140411_1434    IBM".  RTC version 4.0.7.  I don't know enough to know where RDp ends and RTC begins. 

I do not see why opening and parsing a local file would would take the amount of time it's taking if it were truly local.  This type of delay is typical to requesting data from the server.  Of course it could be the iSeries server itself, rather than the RTC server running on the iSeries. 

I do see with the newer version, that outline information is available instantly rather than requiring a manual refresh.  If this were the cause, I would expect that RPG would be slow rather than CL since RPG outline data is quite rich while CL data is not.

I don't doubt that this is not related to RTC.  I'm only reporting my problem, and observations.  I am clueless to the actual cause.

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 30 '15, 10:24 a.m.

There might be other forums that would able to help. Unfortunately we don't have a lot of RDP users here, as far as I can tell. I just try to figure if it is at least somehow related to RTC - which is kind of is.

The reason is, that we see increasingly more spam and unrelated questions, sadly.
I did not ban this, because I saw a remote chance it is CLM related. Probably it is more related to Eclipse/RDP however.

Just don't be frustrated if you don't get a response.

permanent link
patrick kelly (0125) | answered May 06 '15, 4:30 p.m.
I resolved the problem.  I had "Use master password" unchecked in the "File: Preferences: Secure Storage" area in the IBM Installation Manager.  Checking "Use master password, and re-entering my password corrected the problem.

patrick kelly commented May 06 '15, 4:41 p.m.

This update was not persistent.  Resolution was fleeting.  Still looking for a complete and lasting resolution.

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103) | answered May 07 '15, 11:22 a.m.
Hi Patrick,
As Ralph said, I am doubt you get a help here on the forum. Please target your question on any IBM RPG forum.

permanent link
patrick kelly (0125) | answered May 14 '15, 9:47 a.m.
I'm pretty sure I found the final answer.  "Logging" under "iProjects" preferences included 'information messages'.  I backed this off to "Warnings and errors", and I'm now functional.  IBM support nudged me in this direction when they asked me to open the "Error Log" view, and export.  I opened a CLLE while the view was open.  There were many errors related to the debug plugin.  I had hundreds of breakpoints.  I cleared them all, but this did not help.  This is when I found the logging level and backed it off.  The issue seems to be entirely gone.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.