It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to extract Planned Start Date and Planned End Dates in Reports?

Sandhya Prabhu (1610) | asked Apr 28 '15, 2:53 a.m.
Hi,

Is it possible to extract Planned Start Date and Planned End Dates of Task Work Items  in Reports as I do not see these attributes under columns section while building JRS Report. Is there any alternate way to extract ? Please suggest.

Thanks,
Sandhya

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Apr 28 '15, 9:29 p.m.
Hi Sandhya,

The Planned Start Date and Planned End Date are calculated data which are not stored in work item but in plan. Those data are not collected in data warehouse by default.
If you are using BIRT or RRDI report, it's not possible to extrace Planned Start Date and Planned End Date.

There are some similar discussion for your reference:
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/86027/insight-how-to-extract-planned-start-date-and-planned-end-date
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/142596/birt-report-datasourcesnapshottable-for-planned-start-and-end-date-in-formal-project-planning
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 29 '15, 5:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would suggest to create an enhancement request to get the plan snapshot data into the data warehouse. This data is frozen if you create a plan snapshot and the only data available for the data collection jobs, as the life data is calculated online in the plan.

2 other answers

permanent link
Sandhya Prabhu (1610) | answered Apr 29 '15, 2:16 a.m.

Thanks Lily How about using JRS .. is there  a way out using SQL query?

please suggest.
Thanks
Sandya

Comments
Lily Wang commented Apr 29 '15, 2:28 a.m.

JRS is also extract data from data warehouse, so I don't think you can get the data using JRS report.

permanent link
Sandhya Prabhu (1610) | answered Apr 29 '15, 2:16 a.m.

Thanks Lily How about using JRS .. is there  a way out using SQL query?

please suggest.
Thanks
Sandya

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.