It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is the RTC Context Aware Search limited to the IBM Enterprise platforms?

Jamie Berry (14013693) | asked Feb 13 '17, 11:52 a.m.
retagged Feb 16 '17, 3:28 a.m. by Jie Chen (5103)

We have a team of users who are starting work on a project that will be storing information in RTC source control and they will need to perform various searches to pull the data out.  We are trying to figure out whether the RTC Context Aware Search is limited to the IBM Enterprise platforms (z/OS and IBM i) or if it can be used on standard Windows platforms as well?  We know that you need an IBM Enterprise Platform client access license to enable the feature, but reading various documentation leaves us confused on applicability outside of the enterprise platforms.

Thank you,
Jamie.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Feb 14 '17, 11:07 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

In the past, I have set up context aware search on a standard Windows platform, so I would assume it is still possible.  I don't remember the details, but as I recall, it was relatively easy.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 16 '17, 3:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You require an Enterprise Developer License, See https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/6.0.3 search for context aware and check the required license.

Enterprise Developer License is not limited to EE development.

Jamie Berry commented Feb 16 '17, 9:46 a.m.

Thank you both for the confirmation.  I appreciate it.

Jamie.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.