It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can you monitor the availability of RTC?

Ben Borg (111) | asked Aug 03 '15, 2:03 p.m.
I'm attempting to monitor the entire applications availability and verify accessibility.

My idea is to load up a plan (for example; will probably load a work item as well) and scrape the webpage looking for a 'required string', verifying that the plan successfully loaded. At times it apepars the web page will return a 200 response code (meaning the web page is receiving a response), but the plan may not load due to other issues (network issues, license server down, etc.)

The problem I'm running into is that the RTC html seems to be dynamically generated from JavaScript. Scraping the html of a plan on the web client is not helpful because the html of the page doesn't contain any of the dynamic html content. When I looked into the page source, the loaded (dynamic) content is not in the html and the source is only about 70 lines long.

How can I verify that an entire plan has completely finished loading?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 03 '15, 4:07 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
See https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/DeploymentMonitoring

Another way would be to use e.g. functional tester to open a work item. In all automation you need some anchor that does not change so you can trigger on that data.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.