It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the meaning of "com.ibm.rqm.copy.exception.IllegalStateTransitionException"?

Jochen Staack (551120) | asked Apr 13 '15, 2:44 a.m.
Hi,

i just copied a master testplan with 41 linked childtestplans and requirements collections from Doors Classic 9.6.0.1.
RQM is 5.0.2.
I got the following error message
RQM was unable to complete the duplicate. com.ibm.rqm.copy.exception.IllegalStateTransitionException: An attempt to transition from FAILED to FAILED has failed.

Fortunately, all the test plans have been copied and everything looks alright.
As of now, I could not find any items, that are not linked or have not been copied!

But where is that message coming from? The test plans I copied did not include any TCERs (and therefore no results) yet!

Thanks for your help!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Apr 14 '15, 4:56 a.m.
The message seems to be meaningless and should have been addressed in RQM5.0.2 according to this defect workitem:

https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=117208

If you are using official released RQM5.0.2 and still see this message, you can either create a new defect workitem with qm.log added (from the above link, go to workitem >  create work item > defect) or contact Rational client support to get formal attention.

Jochen Staack selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jochen Staack commented Apr 14 '15, 5:17 a.m.

Thanks for your answer!
I messed up the versions of our server a little. Our test server has 5.0.2 our productive is still on 5.0.1. So hoping this issue is resolved on our productive server with the update!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.