It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why cannot the Test Plans be seen in the RQM Report Parameter even after data collection job is run?

Maria Amalan (784366) | asked Sep 29 '14, 3:11 a.m.
 Data Collection Jobs have been run. But I still cannot see one of the test plans in the Test Plan parameter box in any of my reports. Why does this happen? Does this happen due to some wrong data in the test plan?? 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Sep 29 '14, 3:30 a.m.
edited Sep 29 '14, 3:32 a.m.
Many RQM reports are live reports. if you run a live report, can you see that test plan? are you using v4.0.4, is that right?
if the live report does not see that test plan, it is most likely you hit a known defect(fixed in v4.0.5). Please go to test plan's history and check if there is any test suite added some time. If yes, check if all test suites are still there or have been deleted. If test suite was deleted but the test plan history does not say it was removed from the testplan, then the test plan will be invisible(known defect: Delete the test suite but not remove it from the test plan before doing that), you may try to add one test suite(dummy one should be ok) to the test plan and see if it allows you to see that test plan now.
Maria Amalan selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Maria Amalan commented Sep 29 '14, 3:47 a.m.

Thank you so much Don. 

After I added the dummy suite, i can now see the plan in the report parameter.
Now, shall I remove the test suite from the test plan and then delete the test suite? 

Maria Amalan commented Sep 29 '14, 3:54 a.m.

Don,

I can see the test plans in the live reports but cannot see them in some other reports like Execution Trend and Scorecard Reports. Why is that?

Don Yang commented Sep 29 '14, 7:27 p.m.

Thanks Maria for the update. If the root cause is the known defect, removing the dummy test suite and then delete the test suite may not work as expected, you can have a quick try though as you can always add another dummy test suite back.
Do you mean after adding dummy test suite, the invisible test plan appears in the live reports now but not in some other data warehouse reports? If that's the case, you may want to run the whole etl job and see if it helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.