It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational Quality Manager Offline Testing tool not working on IOS8 and Android 4.0.3

Peter Morgenthaler (102815) | asked Jan 13 '15, 1:45 a.m.
edited Jan 13 '15, 1:46 a.m.
I have been trying to use RQM offline testing tool on both my Android Tablet running 4.0.3 and also with the newly released IOS version. Sadly neither version works for different reasons.

The Android version does not display the settings correctly making it impossible to display the username and password to log into the server. Has anyone got this to work? I have been told that it should work on newer Android versions. Can anyone confirm this?

On the IOS version the settings wont even come up on IOS8 making it completely non functional. Has anyone got it to work on IOS?

Thanks

Peter

Accepted answer

permanent link
Vijay Patil (4813) | answered Jan 13 '15, 2:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Peter,

The RQM offline testing tool (Mobile App) works on Android v4.1 onwards. It doesn't have support for Android v4.0.x. Can you please update the Android version on your device and try.
Currently the app doesn't have support for iOS v8. It works on iOS v7. We have an open work item to add support for iOS v8 which will be available in the next RQM release.

Please let me know, if you have more queries.

Thanks,
Vijay.
Peter Morgenthaler selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Peter Morgenthaler commented Jan 13 '15, 5:53 p.m.

Thanks. Not quite the answers I was hoping for especially as IOS8 has been out since Sept last year and the app only just appeared on the app store in the last week or two. Also I don't think I can roll back IOS versions to get my devices to run IOS7 so am stuck unable to use it which is disappointing.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.