It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Java ETL jobs execution history still show history even though it was disabled and moved to DCC

Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | asked Apr 07 '15, 6:57 a.m.
RTC 5.0.1/5.0.2 used.
The users moved to DCC at the end of Oct in 2014 and disabled the java etl jobs following the step 6 in
[https://hub.jazz.net/clmhelp/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.rational.dcc.doc/topics/t_roadmap_dcc.html&scope=null]
to clear the java etl jobs. However, they still notice that the java etl job history show the job execution(successful) from time to time. It does not seem all jobs are run every time. Up to the end of last year, SCM, Build, Common and APT, workitems jobs were executed sometimes. Workitem job can run up to more than 1 day or more than 10 hours.
Then in this year, workitem jobs are no longer seen but SCM/Build/Common/APT still run and it is not at regular base, for example, there are entries for today and last run was back to 3/Feb 2015 etc.

Does anyone see this behavior? I am wondering what could trigger this odd behavior?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Apr 07 '15, 7:23 a.m.
Hello Don,

all the types of ETL (CLM Data Collection Jobs, Data Manager ETL and DCC) write the outcome of the job executions to the config.etl_info table of the data warehouse.

So even if the CLM Data Collection Jobs is disabled you will still see entries in the Data Collection Job Status page.

In cases where DCC or the
Data Manager ETL were used I have seen some inconsistent information there; however I would only trust the status reported by the tool running the ETL.

If you have concern about some
CLM Data Collection Jobs still being executed, despite the fact that they are disabled, you can check the [application]-etl.log files in CLM and check if there was any activity.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi
Don Yang selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Don Yang commented Apr 07 '15, 7:42 a.m.

Hi, Francesco,

Thank you very much for the prompt response.  I will check with [application]-etl.log
files and see if I can find more info there. One thing to confirm is that: will DCC results also update to data collection job status page(as per your info, it seems to me that it works like that)?If that is the case, it is quite odd that the status shows the executions on
9/Jan, 17/Jan, 3/Feb(twice in the same day) and 7/April in this year and some more entries last year since disabling the java etl jobs.

Thanks
Don

Don Yang commented Apr 13 '15, 11:37 p.m.

The application-etl.log file does not show any entries. this seems to be a part of DCC results showing in Java ETL job history only. I got a confirmation that v6.x will have that cleaned up.

Kevin Ramer commented Sep 28 '15, 3:51 p.m.

I've just noticed this phenomenon, but I can also associate an application restart with the appearance of Java ETL jobs in JTS and/or Application.   I haven't checked the etl logs, but I might.   I found this post whilst writing up a question on why they are shown after having been dormant for a month or more.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.