It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Clicking a link when editing an RM artifact and going back makes the content of the artifact disappear

Deon Hulett (16713) | asked Apr 02 '15, 2:33 p.m.
 Hello,

I'm having an issue on RM version 5.0 which is:
When I'm editing an artifact on a module, and I click a link (e.g. to open a different artifact) and then click on "back" to go back to the module view, the artifact that I was editing appears empty, reappearing only when refreshing the page.

Has anyone had the same issue? Is there any work item associated to this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Comments
Donald Nong commented Apr 03 '15, 1:16 a.m.

I'm surprise that you can navigate out of the page in edit mode. It should give a warning prompt saying that getting out of the page will discard the changes.

3 answers

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Apr 06 '15, 3:08 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
My thoughts went in the same direction as Donald Nong.

There are two work-arounds:
1. Save the artifact before clicking on the link.
2. Right-click on the link to open in a new tab or window. This leaves your original edit session undisturbed.

permanent link
Alastair Beadle (19411218) | answered Apr 07 '15, 3:29 a.m.
On 5.0.0 I am having many problems with modules not redrawing all the artefacts properly, or redrawing the module several pages away from where I was. Not just on returning to a page but on scrolling, searching and opening and collapsing levels too. I have been meaning to raise a support request but the problems are so random (but common) that I think it will take a while to form a coherent description of it (not a good excuse I know but things are busy here at the moment!)

I did search to see if there were any open work items in this area - found a few similar issues but all on older product issues. I may get around to raising a support request soon to see if I can get to the bottom of it.

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Apr 07 '15, 8:01 a.m.
In general it's not a good idea in any web application to navigate away from an edit session then use the web browser back button to return to it.  The RM app actually does better than many other web apps in handling the back button (small consolation, I realize).

Are your issues more general than the result of using the back button?

If so, I suggest clearing your browser cache as well as trying another browser to see if there is any difference in behavior.

Also I know the module support in the RM application improved a lot between 5.0.0 and 5.0.2. Do you have any plans to upgrade (or can you make plans)?

Comments
Alastair Beadle commented Apr 07 '15, 8:17 a.m. | edited Apr 07 '15, 8:20 a.m.

In my case it is not when using the back button that I am most concerned about - just searching, scrolling and collapsing levels manages to cause problems.

I have tried the latest Firefox and IE but they both have the same problems.

We do have plans to upgrade to 5.0.2 (or perhaps wait for 6?) but we are in a critical stage of the project at the moment so that is not an option. It is good to know that things have been improved though.

We are using the latest iFix006 and I am quite surprised that these issues are still present as they are very frustrating to users - perhaps a suggestion that they are something to do with our setup (but I am not quite sure how that could be).

I will give clearing the cache a go next time it occurs.

I do really need to log it formally as a support issue I think to get to the bottom of why it is happening. I just thought I would chip in in this thread in case there was some association between the problems.

Stef van Dijk commented Apr 07 '15, 9:12 a.m.

Daniel is correct that we have addressed many issues with respect to module scrolling and collapse/expand behavior but that has primarily been done in the 5.0.2 iFixes. The reason is primarily two-fold:
1) the issues were reported at the time by customers using 5.0.2 and

2) the 5.0.2 release represents our Extended Maintenance Release for the 5.x product and thus fixes are prioritized there. You can read more here about our Maintenance for Continuous Delivery.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.