It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I install the Money that matters sample using repotools?

Gerd Schiering (12211316) | asked Mar 26 '15, 1:02 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I tried running this command
repotools-jts.bat -setup repositoryURL=htts://myserver:9443/jts adminUserID=ADMIN adminPassword=ADMIN responseFile=responsefile.txt includeLifecycleProjectStep=true prompt=missing parametersFile=parametersjts.txt

and all went OK until:

Executing step: Deploy Sample Application (optional)

Would you like to deploy the sample application "Money That Matters", which wi
ll create projects and artifacts in each registered application? We strongly rec
ommend that you deploy the sample project to a test server or your local host, n
ot a production server. For successful creation of the sample, your user account
 will need client access licenses for each of the applications you selected to b
e part of the sample. In order for Enterprise Extensions artifacts to be created
, the license for Developer for IBM Enterprise Platforms must be assigned to you
r account. If you have not assigned these licenses, or are unsure, you should no
t create the sample at this time. Visit the Jazz Team Server Administration > Us
ers > Client Access License Management page to verify or make changes, and then
proceed to the Lifecycle Project Administration application in a browser at path
 /admin/web to create the sample. (Enter Y to confirm)
Y

CRJAZ2438E An error occurred while invoking the service https://localhost:9443/admin/deploy-sample?client=scripted.
CRJAZ2247E There was an error executing setup for the application "Lifecycle Pro
ject Administration: "ERROR". Check the log for more details.
CRJAZ2236E There was an error executing setup: "ERROR"

and the admin.log points me to the fact that I have no licenses assigned:
CRJCA0010I
2015-03-26 16:31:54,927 [                     Thread-58] ERROR com.ibm.team.lpa.templates                          -
com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.TaskException: Validation of user licenses failed.  You must have at least one client access license assigned to your user

Which to me sounds very logical since none of the steps so far was about assigning any license.

How can I solve this hen-egg problem and get that silent sample installation scripted?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Mar 27 '15, 2:26 a.m.
Check this sample response properties file - the license assignment is there.
https://jazz.net/wiki/pub/Main/ScriptableSetupForConsumers/response_properties.txt
P.S. Probably only trial license works in this case.
Gerd Schiering selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 27 '15, 3:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks for sharing Donald, I wouldn't have thought you could deploy the MTM in a silent install.

One other answer

permanent link
Gerd Schiering (12211316) | answered Mar 27 '15, 4:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thank you Donald, the "activate.trial=true" line did the trick:
# activates and assigns the RTC Developer license
license.assignment.page\:license.RationalTeamConcert=com.ibm.team.rtc.developer
license.assignment.page\:com.ibm.team.rtc.developer.agreement=true
license.assignment.page\:com.ibm.team.rtc.developer.activate.trial=true
I also got it to work when assigning manually assigning floating licenses to ADMIN before running repotools with includeLifecycleProjectStep=true.

Using prompt=missing, the setup then asks which of my floating license I want to add to the new admin user.

The generated parameters file then shows me the type as:
license.assignment.page\:license.RationalTeamConcert=com.ibm.rtc.developer-iep.floating

But yeah, that is not really a step in the UI setup pages either;
so I don't expect it to work with repotools.

I guess I will just change the teamserver.properties beforehand to point to my license server and then use the response file to assign that actual license type.

Many thanks for pointing me to this sample. Very helpful indeed!

Comments
Gerd Schiering commented Mar 27 '15, 4:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Just to be complete:
The lines for the license servers in the teamserver.properties are:
com.ibm.team.repository.licenseService.floatingLicenseServerURI=https\://mylicenseserver\:9443/jts
for a JTS floating license server and
com.ibm.team.repository.RLSLicenseService.tokenLicensePath=27000@mylicenseserver
for a conventional Rational license server that can serve Tokens.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.