It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgrading to jazz 5.0.2. from 5.0.1. Install Tomcat again?

Sian O'Briain (351021) | asked Jun 30 '15, 8:00 a.m.
edited Jul 02 '15, 4:37 a.m.
Hi,

I am upgrading clm from 5.01. to 5.0.2. I am following instructions from here:
https://jazz.net/downloads/clm/releases/5.0.2?p=upgrading

step 3 says:
If you are upgrading the CCM application, first go to the Admin licensing page in the web client and delete the following CALs:
  • CCM Data Collector
  • Build System
  • ClearCase Synchronizer
  • ClearQuest Synchronizer
Then, proceed with the upgrade of the CCM application.

But I get an error when i try to delete a CAL:

Am I following the correct instructions for the upgrade? Thanks

Comments
Sian O'Briain commented Jun 30 '15, 10:02 a.m.

also the interactive guide does not say whether to upgrade jazz server before installing the clm products.

If there are easy to follow steps anywhere I would really appreciate this. e.g. install the new jazz server to a different location or delete the current installation and install the new jazz server? etc.

Thanks!

Martha (Ruby) Andrews commented Jun 30 '15, 2:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Looks like the error message did not make it into the original posting. What is the error you are seeing?

Sian O'Briain commented Jul 01 '15, 6:55 a.m. | edited Jul 01 '15, 7:02 a.m.

Thanks, I can see the screenshot when I edit but for some reason not showing up in the published version. Error:
Cannot remove the license "com.ibm.team.clm.ccm.datacollector". The license is included as part of the server

I am basically looking for some instructions on upgrading jazz server and clm products from 5.0.1. to 5.0.2. There seems to be some conflicting steps available. e.g. do we uninstall jazz server before installing the later version? Or do we install to a different location and then move the clm products? Any help much appreciated. Thank you!

Also when you choose to upgrade jazz server only in the interactive guide one of the steps is to install the clm products, not sure if this has been flagged

Sian O'Briain commented Jul 02 '15, 4:12 a.m.

Hi Lily, thank you, yes that was very helpful. I have installed jazz server and all clm products to a new location. I had the option to install tomcat (again) but I picked no....was this correct? Doesn't mention anything about different loc/installing a new web app server in the interactive guide. Thanks again

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Jul 02 '15, 12:40 a.m.
Upgrading CLM from 5.0.1 to 5.0.2 you don't need to delete the CALs. You can just follow the interactive guide http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.2/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/roadmap_clm_upgrade.html

You need to install CLM 5.0.2 to a different location of the same server then run the upgrading scripts.

Hope above is helpful.
Sian O'Briain selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sian O'Briain commented Jul 03 '15, 7:42 a.m.

Thank you Lily just wondering when installing 5.0.2 it asked if I wanted to install tomcat, since I already have tomcat installed with the old installation I chose no.....but now I think I probably should have installed again?

Taki Nakajo commented Jul 05 '15, 11:49 p.m.

Hi Sian, Yes, you should always install a new tomcat server for the new installation, then run the upgrade scripts.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.