It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What to do with a change set visible against component, but not apparently in any stream(s) ?

Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | asked Mar 18 '15, 9:39 a.m.
RTC 4.0.7
User has raised issue of "missing" files, but I am able to locate those files in a change set created by this person.  If I qualify the search for change sets with inclusion of a component, I find this change set.  If I specify just a Stream, the change set is not found.   When trying to "Locate Changeset..."  for the aforementioned change the expected flow target(s) show "0 of 1 change sets included"

While the change set _appears_ to be in the component, browsing the baseline files does not show the files I expect to find in the change set.   These change set files aren't even visible in the user's workspace or any of the baselines of the component.

Any suggestions ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Mar 18 '15, 11:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Change sets don't have to be present in a workspace or stream. They can be, but they don't have to be. 

If the user wants to keep working on the changes, they should accept the change set into their repository workspace. The 'Accept' action is available on the context menu in the change set search results. 

If the user wants to get their changes into the stream, they can deliver them from their repo workspace. 
Kevin Ramer selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Mar 19 '15, 4:34 p.m.

User was able to accept the change set and continue onward.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.