It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Getting an error LDAP error while running JTS Setup

anoop mc (74811194221) | asked Sep 25 '14, 6:05 a.m.
edited Sep 25 '14, 6:23 a.m.
 Hi,

We are getting an error while running JTS Setup. After entering the LDAP details I have tested the connection to LDAP which worked fine. 

When tested the connection it asked to authenticate with an LDAP user so as to disable the default ADMIN User.When I provided a user who has JAZZADMIN privilege it validated successfully and when clicked the next button I am getting the below error.  (Next button got deactivated) 

CLM 4.0.6 using Apache Tomcat as the application server.  

You need to be authenticated as a user from LDAP to import your user and assign licenses. Ensure the application container settings are configured correctly for LDAP, restart the server, and log in with a user from the LDAP directory to continue.

jts_setup_ldap_err

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Sep 25 '14, 6:29 a.m.

hi Anoop,
Have you tried to restart the server and log in again as mentioned on this screen snapshot?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rohit Balduwa (945511) | answered Sep 26 '14, 1:23 a.m.
Hi Anoop

Please click on save Tomcat configuration files. This will create a server.lDAP*.xml file in tomcat\conf directory.
Stop the server. Backup the existing server.xml and rename the server.LDAP*.xml file to server.xml.
Start the server.
Now, try logging into jts/setup or admin page using the LDAP user.
Configuring an LDAP connection:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m6/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_config_ldap_connection.html

If this answers your question please mark it as accepted.
anoop mc selected this answer as the correct answer

6 other answers

permanent link
anoop mc (74811194221) | answered Sep 25 '14, 7:13 a.m.
edited Sep 25 '14, 7:17 a.m.
Yes I have restarted the server cleaned all the browser history and logged in back to server. The strange thing is it is not letting me login with the LDAP user which I have authenticated last time I could login back with ADMIN

Below is what I see 

jts_setup_err

permanent link
anoop mc (74811194221) | answered Sep 25 '14, 7:30 a.m.
 Below are the screens which I passed through and after the second screen I get the same message again

jts_setup_error2

I have entered the LDAP user name who has got JAZZAdmin Privilege. The user is a member of all the Jazz groups.

jts_setup_error3

Clicking Next Button I got the below message 

You need to be authenticated as a user from LDAP to import your user and assign licenses. Ensure the application container settings are configured correctly for LDAP, restart the server, and log in with a user from the LDAP directory to continue.

permanent link
anoop mc (74811194221) | answered Sep 25 '14, 7:39 a.m.
 After assigning Client Access Licenses and hitting the Test Connection again, The Next Button became active.

permanent link
anoop mc (74811194221) | answered Sep 25 '14, 8:40 a.m.
 It gave a message saying ADMIN access was not disabled.

jts_error

permanent link
anoop mc (74811194221) | answered Sep 25 '14, 9:19 a.m.
 While final  setup I could import the user from active directory.After logging out and I tried running the setup one more time and reached the same Setup User Registry Part.

Here do we need to click on any button. Found many articles on Jazz.net and could not relate to any.

jts_setup_5

Comments
anoop mc commented Sep 25 '14, 9:23 a.m.

This message I got when it asked to Validate a LDAP user. After giving the user name which I have already added during finalizing setup. 

Hitting Test Connection Button will say LDAP connection succeeded.

permanent link
anoop mc (74811194221) | answered Sep 26 '14, 1:27 a.m.
 Thanks Rohit - Following the above steps I could login as the LDAP authenticated user.
Now the issue seem to be resolved.

The point to be noted here is after authenticating the LDAP user  click on save Tomcat configuration file

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.