It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error while adding attachments through Web UI

Roopin Shah (155) | asked Nov 21 '13, 12:54 a.m.

Hello

Our servers have RTC 4.0.3 installed, for a specific Project Area, when I try adding an Attachment to a work item(any work item type) through the thick client it works fine, but when I try adding an attachment using the Web UI, it gives an error saying, "Erro Uploading File : Save Work Item Failed".

But this works fine while using the RTC Client.

Any idea what can be the root cause? or how this can be resolved?

Regards,

Roopin

Comments
Aradhya K commented Nov 21 '13, 12:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

what is the browser you are using?

One answer

permanent link
Stephen Long (14311013) | answered Nov 21 '13, 4:46 a.m.
edited Nov 21 '13, 4:47 a.m.

What is the error your are getting? 

If it is "CRJAZ6053E", it could be a permission issue.  I have seen this before and it was sovled by setting the following

Verify the user has a role with the permission "Save Attachment" enabled.  From Web > Manage this Project Area > Permissions > Project Configuration > Select a Role > Work Items > Save Attachment should be set.

Stephen

Comments
Susan Hanson commented Jul 11 '14, 12:37 p.m.

Was this ever solved?  I can't believe it was a permissions problem if the same person can do the action in the Eclipse client but not in the Web Client.

We recently rolled out a new project area and now see the same problem ... IE/FF/Chrome all give an error, but the same user (me, RTC project admin) can attach in the Eclipse Client with no errors.

Any thoughts?

sam detweiler commented Jul 11 '14, 1:43 p.m.

Supposedly fixed in 4.0.3

workaround
change category to root, save workitem with new attachment
save  workitem
change category to what you want
save workitem

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=235191

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.