It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Change bit version in CLM instance.

Renato Mori (10012230) | asked Jul 30 '14, 5:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
I have a CLM 32-bit working with a DB2 database using tomcat. This 32bit clm instance is installed in a Windows 2008 server 64bit. Right now the performance of the CLM is very slow and in another forum i have been suggested to change the tomcat to 64bits. Is there a way i can change it? I tried looking some IM options but modify/upgrade didn't worked.
This are the packages i have in the server. Thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Jul 30 '14, 6:34 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Renato,

This was asked before here.  You need to do a new installation using 64-bit, and migrate your configuration files.  You don't need to do anything with the DB, so once you get all the config files copied over to the new 64-bit install, it should just be a matter of stopping the 32-bit instance and starting the 64-bit one.
Renato Mori selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Renato Mori commented Jul 30 '14, 6:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

What do you mean by migrate the configuration files? I need to run the setup? or just copy files from the 32-bit folder installation to the 64-bit folder? And in this case which files I need to copy? thanks.

Benjamin Silverman commented Jul 30 '14, 6:54 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The question I linked to references this article which highlights the config files needed (under <CLM_Install>/server/conf>, and <CLM_Install>/tomcat/conf>). That should be all you need to copy to get up and running with 64-bit.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.