It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Do Rational CLM and WebSphere share the same IMShared directory in Linux?

Mike Rago (2578) | asked Aug 25 '14, 3:57 p.m.
I am going to install Rational License Key Server on the Linux server that we have Rational CLM and WebSphere installed.

I can only find one IMShared directory on the server.  It is under the WebSphere directory /opt/IBM/WebSphere/IMShared.  As best as I can tell, this IMShared directory only contains WebSphere files.

Does WebSphere and Rational tools share the IMShared directory?  Should I refer to the directory above as the IMShared directory during RLKS install or should I create another?

Rational CLM 4.0.1
WAS 8.0..4
Installing RLKS 8.1.3

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Aug 25 '14, 10:23 p.m.
The "IMShared" directory is called the "Shared Resources Directory" in IBM Installation Manager. There is only one such directory in IM and all products installed by IM will use the same shared directory. CLM does have a few files in this directory, but I don't think RLKS will have any common packages shared with CLM or WAS, so your installation should be fine.
Mike Rago selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Mike Rago commented Aug 28 '14, 2:29 p.m.

Thanks Donald

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.