It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM 5.0.2 Upgrade: RM upgrade fails

Adriano Fanelli (2322929) | asked Feb 28 '15, 9:55 a.m.
We run all the steps for the upgrade from 4.0.7 to 5.0.2 related to JTS, RTC and RQM with success.
Running the upgrade for RRC from 4.0.7 to 5.0.2 the steps from [0] to [4] completed successfully but it was displayed the msg "Found 0 project areas"
But the problem is that we have 3 RM projects areas.
Since these project areas are referenced into 3 Lifecycle Project Areas looking inside these last ones we have the message 'Unresolved Context' related to the RM project areas.

What did we wrong?  

Thanks, regards
Adriano

2 answers

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Mar 01 '15, 4:16 a.m.

You are likely hitting the below known defect:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21697169

Please try the Diagnosis and see if you got into this problem and the solution provided. if you want to apply 5.0.2 ifix03, it is planned on 6th March:

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Collaborative%20ALM#action=com.ibm.team.dashboard.viewDashboard&team=Jazz%20Collaborative%20ALM%20Maintenance&tab=_34

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Mar 04 '15, 12:36 p.m.

How will one obtain said ifix ?  I just d/l the JTS-CCM-QM-RM-repo-5.0.2.zip and the dates on the unzipped folders are Oct 31 2014

Don Yang commented Mar 04 '15, 9:44 p.m.

You will need to check with the above 5.0.2 maintennance site. From there, you can see currently the available ifix is ifix02 and it can be downloaded from Fix Central(FC):

===

5.0.2 iFix002 on Fix Central (with Reports): CLM, RTC, RQM, DNG. 
    DCF on Fix Central (with Reports): CLM, RTC, RQM, DNG.

RTC 5.0.2 iFix002 with QuickPlanner on Fix Central is here.

==

Once the ifix03 is released, it will go to fixportal first. It will take some time to go to FC. If you need the ifix03 right after it is released, you need to ask client support to download from fix portal for you. Otherwise, you can wait for the fix to be available in FC.

permanent link
Adriano Fanelli (2322929) | answered Mar 02 '15, 10:02 a.m.
Hello Dan,
                thanks for replay ... Unfortunately I do not have a backup copy of my JTS database previously of the migration.
I have some doubt regarding how to proceed ... btw. the JTS,CCM and QM upgrade terminated successfully
What I want to do is the following:
Stop all the CLM appl.
1) Drop the RM database
2) Recreate a new copy of the RM database
3) Backup the actual JTS 5.0.2 database (here is my doubt ... Can I use it (do not have the JTS 4.0.7 version)
4) Restore the JTS 5.0.2 database into the new copy of the RM database
5) Mount again the 2 JTS filesystems
6) Run again the rm_upgrade scripts
7) Startup all the CLM appl. (JTS, CCM, RQ and RM) and run the
    repotools-rm.sh -rmUpdateProjectBackLinksOnline

Please, could you confirm that I can use the JTS 5.0.2 database to backup/restore into the new RM db before
I proceed with the RM_upgrade steps ?

Thanks in advance

Adriano

Comments
Don Yang commented Mar 03 '15, 7:54 p.m.

I don't know whether the v5.0.2 JTS DB is useful here or not. From the upgrade guide, it has a step to clean up jts(During the upgrade, make a note of the RM application ID and public URL. At a later step when cleaning up the existing data from JTS, you will be prompted to enter the RM application ID and public URL. ), if your previous upgrade has done that, it may mean there is no longer any RM related data left in the JTS database.

You may give it a try if that's the only option now. In that case, since the current version is no longer 4.0.7, I am not sure if rm_upgrade script will be run properly when it checks the version. In the help:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.2/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/r_rm_upgrade.html?lang=en

the option ignoreJTSVersionCheck may be requried.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.