It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM Server on the Mac

Bruce Skingle (2345) | asked Sep 17 '13, 1:31 p.m.
retagged Sep 23 '13, 11:16 a.m. by Ralph Earle (25739)
I have JTS-CCM V4.0.4 installed and working and wanted to look at requirements composer. I have realized that this zip contains only the CCM application, is there a similar zip containing the whole CLM solution or Requirements Manager? 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Adrian Daniels (6312120) | answered Sep 18 '13, 7:27 a.m.
 Hi Bruce,

Anthony is correct I have never manager to get the converter (part of the graphical editor) to run natively on the Mac - it relies on using a header less Xvfb to render the graphical pages before sending them as html.
I believe that there are several Xvfb implementations for the Mac but I have not invested any time in them.

I have successfully in the past created a Linux VM on VMWare running on the Mac and then used IBM Installation Manager on the VM but let the installation install CLM into a local Mac directory. You then perform the same tweaks to the startup and CLM should fire up on the MAC - I have not tested the latest version though.

In the end I find it simpler (and supported) to create a Linux/Windows VM on the VMWare on the Mac and then use the native Mac browser and native Mac Eclipse client to access all parts of CLM.

Cheers
Adrian
Bruce Skingle selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Sep 18 '13, 6:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Bruce

There isn't a full download of CLM as a zip. I believe (and someone will correct me if I am wrong) that there are elements of the server that will not run natively on MacOSX (for example, part of the graphical editor for RRC) - and this may be preventing us from supplying a zip.

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.