It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

which data type of custom attribute supports editing in taskboard view?

Thomas Kirstätter (181719) | asked Feb 16 '15, 5:14 a.m.
Hi,
Which types of attributes/datatypes of attributes are supported for being edited in the taskboard (kanban) plan-view. It seems that custom attributes with Normal/Large/Medium String and HTML are not supported.
Can you confirm this?

I have created the custom attribute and added it to plan attributes. I use RTC 5.0.1 and Firefox 31.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Feb 17 '15, 2:08 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I found that basic types such as Enumerations work. Since the summary also works, I would assume they have put in a special presentation for that. Given that the screen real estate is so limited, I would assume they did not consider strings and the like to be edited in that view.
Thomas Kirstätter selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Thomas Kirstätter commented Feb 17 '15, 2:35 a.m.

Thanks for adding this information.
So far I found that String/HTML and as well Tags are not working.
Any plans present on enhancements in this area? Is Jared Burns still following up his taskboard improvements?

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 17 '15, 2:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is a forum, where we try to help users. I won't speculate over plans. If you think this is a needed enhancement, I would suggest to create an enhancement request.

Thomas Kirstätter commented Feb 17 '15, 3:34 a.m.

I consider it, thanks.

Thomas Kirstätter commented Feb 18 '15, 3:57 a.m.

I have created this ER. Lets see how much support it gets.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.