It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how do I find discarded changesets, not associated to a work item

Brett Waldo (1101521) | asked Feb 10 '15, 10:44 a.m.
retagged Feb 10 '15, 2:24 p.m. by Evan Hughes (2.4k1318)
Is there a way to find discarded changesets that are not associated to a work item. Also, not associated to a workspace or stream? I think we have an issue where a developer has discarded changesets accidentally.  Some were associated to a work item and we can accept those into our workspace, but is there a way to locate the others?

Thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Feb 10 '15, 2:24 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can search for change sets. Assuming that you're using the Eclipse UI, open 'Search > Jazz Source Control > Change sets' menu item. You'll be shown a picker that allows you to specify conditions. 

It sounds like you know who the developer is, so try setting the 'Creator' field to that person. If they know when the change set was created, you could use that to narrow the field as well. 

If you know one of the files the user modified, you can select that as well, which should help you narrow the field down pretty tightly. 

Brett Waldo selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Brett Waldo commented Feb 10 '15, 3:11 p.m.

That is exactly what I was looking for. Don't know how I missed it. Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.