It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to lock certain files in my stream?

Hooch Holly (7442024) | asked Sep 04 '12, 5:25 p.m.
edited Oct 05 '17, 6:44 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

There are some files that are modified when auto-generating files that make changes I don’t actually want to check in. (we also occasionally make intentional changes to the files, these of course would need to be checked in)  We’re currently just manually making sure they’re correct before delivering, but sometimes we forget and have to revert it.  Is there a way to put a sort of ‘lock’ on these files so that we’ll get a warning to see if we really meant to change them before we can check in and/or deliver?

I’d also like the same thing for a few files/folders that do not exist in RTC, i.e. generated files that we don’t want around.  I wouldn’t want to just add these to the ignore files because then we’d end up with extra files hanging around locally that aren’t immediately obvious. 

Is this possible in RTC 3.0.1

Comments
Hooch Holly commented Sep 06 '12, 4:07 p.m. | edited Sep 06 '12, 4:09 p.m.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Seth Packham commented Sep 06 '12, 4:09 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hooch, I converted your answer to a comment so that it won't look like your question has received an answer.

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Oct 05 '17, 6:44 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 05 '17, 6:45 p.m.

It sounds like you are not looking for a way to 'lock' files to prevent delivery by someone else, but instead you want to prevent certain files from being checked-in. We have no out-of-the-box way to do this. You could however write your own check-in participant to do this.
Have a look at the following article for an example of how to do this: Adding a check-in participant to Rational Team Concert Source Control

Michael Valenta selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.