It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Permissions to promote a snapshot from a build workspace.

Alasdair Nottingham (611610) | asked Nov 02 '10, 6:56 a.m.
edited Oct 10 '17, 4:50 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

In my team when we end an iteration we want a snapshot of the stream, so we can right click on the stream to find the snapshots for all iterations.

The way we currently do this is to lock down the stream so no one can deliver until we get a build we are happy with and then take a snapshot.

Rather than do this we want to move to selecting the snapshot of the build workspace and promoting it to the stream.

The problem is that while I can do this as a jazz admin members of my team cannot. When they try they get an error message saying only the workspace owner (our build id) can promote.

I can't find a way in the process configuration to grant this authority to someone other than the workspace owner. What can I do to solve this problem?

Thanks
Alasdair

Accepted answer

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Nov 05 '10, 10:47 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Alasdair,

I believe this is working as intended. Because workspaces are owned by individuals, not the team, regular process permissions on teams/projects do not apply, so it only has the owning user to go on.

You either need to do this as the owner of the workspace (the build user) or as an admin user.
David Lafreniere selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.