It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Having problem opening existing content store after installing Insight 1.1.1.6

David Mehaffy (90123238) | asked Feb 07 '15, 4:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 I have a sandbox set up with CLM 5.0.2.  I got another machine for Insight so set up a sandbox Insight server.  Every thing went find but when I went to replace catalog with OOTB catalog - it failed with logfilsiz was not big enough on db2.  The db was corrupted then.  So I restored a backup of the database and tried again.  When I try to connect to existing catalog and specify the original db I get that there are no catalog tables present.  When I try to set the catalog tables from the popup it returns an error saying catalog tables already exist.  I have tried a clean install of Insight again and get the same problem.  Data manager seems confused.

2 answers

permanent link
David Mehaffy (90123238) | answered Feb 09 '15, 11:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I figured out the problem over the weekend.  TSM was archiving the log with the bad logfiliz which corrupted the database.  I was doing a roll forward to end of logs and TSM was pulling this log back.  When I did a roll forward to a timestamp prior to the corruption everything worked normally.

Comments
Francesco Chiossi commented Feb 09 '15, 11:03 a.m.

Thanks for sharing the solution.

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Feb 09 '15, 4:44 a.m.
Hello David,

you might need to drop and recreate the database for the catalog (often called RIETL).

You can increase the size of the log files to avoid the db2 error:

logfilsiz - Size of log files configuration parameter
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSEPGG_10.5.0/com.ibm.db2.luw.admin.config.doc/doc/r0000239.html

After that point data manager to the new catalog database, restore the Insight OOTB catalog and apply the CLM package on top of it.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.